Thursday, May 24, 2007

It's simple...

Got a wimple, with a crumple,

Stolen from a nun, during gospel,

Her outrage turned her purple,

Hardly fitting for god's pupil,

So a quick threat, with a scalpel,

Then I had to flee the temple,

Not like in a movie, and climb the steeple,

But across veggie patch did I trample,

And through some woods avoiding people,

Until I reached the old old maple,

And there I sat with my sample,

With its little rumple,

Until a man with chin of dimple,

And crimson pimple,

Said that it was ample,

To swap for his bright opal…

.

Gosh adventure games are simple…

18 comments:

floots said...

made me smile
and
took me back to chaucer
"ful semyly hir wympul pynched was"

cheers

Katie McKenna said...

You make it sound like fun! :)

~Kathryn~ said...

how fun
i love how 'visual' it is too

spacedlaw said...

Thoroughly enjoyable !
Nathalie

Chris said...

That really made me smile.

And it had a nice little post script too, that illuminates the whole thing!

I like that in a poem.

PS Also, no-one was covered in blood, wimpering in a corner, dressed all in black as a cat hisses. For example!!

Autrice DelDrago said...

Fun!

Janie Hickok Siess, Esq. said...

Very clever!

Crafty Green Poet said...

My partner likes his adventure games too!

gautami tripathy said...

Now that was a treat! Very good rhyming too.

sognatrice said...

Gorgeous! I never would have thought there were so many "mple" and "ple" words ;)

Regina Clare Jane said...

Hee hee- this was super!

Kamsin said...

What fun!

Patois said...

Quite impressive! What a great first post on the prompt. (That I've read, of course!) So fun.

khambagirl said...

So much fun, it gave me a dimple in my temple!

GreenishLady said...

That was clever - and fun.

Molly said...

Very whimsical!

boliyou said...

Wimple was the first thing I thought of when I saw the prompt.

Great fun!

Abzdragon said...

Really interesting... I like it.